Primary Location: DE-DE-Eningen
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
The Pre- Sales Solution Engineer is responsible for supporting and enabling sales on VIAVI Fiber Optic Instrument portfolio in Central Europe sub-region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Benelux) according to the Central Europe sales plan by introduction, implementation and follow-up of the Fiber Optic products Sales Plan in the Central Europe sub-region and is expected to be proactive in case of deviation. In this role you will be expected to drive issues to successful resolution within the wider “EMEA Solution Engineer Team”, directly with Sales and with the Fiber Optic Business Units.
Pre- Sales Solution Engineer will work closely with the sales team and with selected channel partners and he will take responsibility of any high-level technical demonstrations of VIAVI product solutions in front of customers or in joining selected partner/VIAVI events (technical seminars, webinars and roadshows). The individual will have to transfer product and related technology knowledge to the Sales team and to the Channel Partners. In conjunction with Sales, he will be accountable for the bookings number of the related product portfolio in the region he is covering in addition to owning account penetration in the related project or opportunity ecosystem.
In this role you will be Home Based.
- Deliver high level pre-sales technical support to our customer in Central Europe on VIAVI’s Fiber Optic portfolio: Connector Inspection, OTDR, Lights Sources, Power Meters, Fiber complete, OSA, optical dispersion, Optical Transport.
- Deliver product and technology presentations at targeted local roadshows/technical seminars and webinars in Central-Europe.
- Self-motivated in penetrating opportunities and accounts for sales enablement
- Deliver education and awareness of test and reporting methods and procedures to our customer base.
- Liaise with customers on instrument field trials or method and procure implementation.
- Help discover ecosystem trends and activities as well as optimize product positioning to capture sales.
- Provide feedback to the Fiber Optic Business Units (Product Line Managers/R&D) in order to increase innovation.
- Share experiences and best practices across the EMEA Solution Engineer team members.
- Transfer basics of product/technologies knowledge to Sales/Channel Partners during specific and regular training sessions.
- Actively participate in the monthly EMEA Solution Engineer virtual meetings: Feedback on deals, technical inputs, local market needs, challenges, successes, recovery plans, etc.
- Quality of the pre-sales technical support to sales and channel partners.
- Measurement of progress, gaps and recovery actions when needed.
- As part of the technical support sales team, accountable for driving sales growth in the region for the Fiber Optic T&M portfolio.
- Travel Required: 50% all over Central-Europe.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Telecom Science or Electronics Engineering with the FiberOptic expertise.
- Understanding of Fibre Optic technology and testing: FTTx, OTDR, Power Meter, OSA, PMD/CD, Optical Transport, is a must.
- Understanding of outside plant cabling solutions and topologies including joining.
- Understand challenges during the installation, maintenance and network migrations in any fibre optic domain.
- Proven experience in using/pre-sales technical support with major vendors and T&M equipment vendors.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize opportunities, apply to join our team today.
VIAVI Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.